- Read 140 books.
- DNF’d 3 books (The Cactus, The Binding and The Northern Clemency).
- Attended my first publisher events and thoroughly enjoyed them. (Vintage and Orion).
- Met some lovely folk from Twitter in real life. (Jules Swain, Rebecca from ForewordBooks, Simon Savidge)
- Discovered some great blogs: (Susan from A Life In Books, Paul from Half Man Half Book, Lizzi from These Little Words, Emma from Emmazbookblog, The Literary Addict, Mart from The Beardy Book Blogger, Anne Cater from Random Things Through My Letterbox, Caryl from Mrs Bloggs Books, Janet Emson from From First Page to Last and MANY more!
- Took part in my first blog tour (and there have been lots more since!)
- Gained lots of confidence and found my feet in the book blogging world.
- Had some crackin’ bookish conversations with some marvellously bookish people.
- Visited the lovely historic city of Bath and the amazingly marvellous and beautiful Toppings and Mr B’s Emporium.
- Signed up for my first book subscription service with Mr B’s Emporium.
- Discovered some amazing books and shared my love of them* everywhere. (*ie wanged on about them)
- Discovered some lovely authors who are always ready to chat books on the old Twittersphere: Francesca Jakobi, Laura Shepherd Robinson, Louise Beech, Jess Kidd
- Was asked to be a shadow judge on the blogger panel for The Sunday Times/Peters Fraser + Dunlop Young Writer Of The Year Award.
- Met some great authors and had the privilege of hearing them talk about their books or read passages from them.
- Made a bookish bestie for life in Clare from Years Of Reading Selfishly.
- Visited some of the most iconic bookshops in London.
- Discovered you lot REALLY DON’T LIKE IT when I fold the pages of my book over….
- Got a name check in The Sunday Times………BOOM! *mic drop*
Here’s to 2019! Thank you to every single one of you who has retweeted, commented, taken a book recommendation, taken the time to chat to me and check out my reviews and blog posts.
Love you long time.
See you in 2019!
Bookish Chat xxx